Make Vocab Fun with Monster Flashcards!

If you are like me, you are always trying to get students to create deeper meaning with vocabulary terms other than just memorizing the dictionary definition.  I want my students to be moving up Bloom's pyramid and making deeper meanings and connections with words and terms.   One way I have found to aid in the deeper acquisition of vocabulary knowledge is in using Monster Flashcards. Super cheesy... But it sticks!   Below are the intro slides I use to show students the information to include on their flashcards that goes beyond a simple definition.  I also encourage them to add colors or drawings that connect to the meaning of the term to aid in retention.  Let me know if this resource is helpful for you and your students! 

You can download this product here


Or use the images below! 






No comments

amazon

Back to Top