Fun Lord Of The Flies Resources



I am ending my LOTF unit this week and just started putting together my flies with all of the worksheets, resources and activities we used throughout the unit.  I thought I should share for all the other high school ELA teachers teaching classic lit! Here is a compilation of some of the resources I found most helpful and my students found most interesting!  Let me know what resources you use so I can add to my lessons for next year!

1. Prestwick House has a great collection of free posters available for download.  Here is the link to their LOTF poster!

2. The Purge Trailer
My students were having a hard time with understanding Roger and that great scene where he is throwing rocks but not hitting Henry.  I tried to explain it about five different ways, but it wasn't until I asked "who here has seen The Purge" that they all had the ah-ha moment I was looking for.  Make sure to view the trailer on your own before you show it, and determine if it is suitable to show in your classroom! I teach older students so I was good to go!


3.  Girl Power
These boys end up destroying each other and the island.  But what if it was all girls? This article from The New Yorker  imagines some new lines from a gender-bent version of the novel.  This was a great resource to use to spark discussion.  And while some of the potential lines are funny, the feminist in my was also a little unsure of how to feel...  This is a great catalyst for a conversation on gender roles.  Especially since they are so forced on the boys and clearly seen on the last page of the novel. 

4.  Review Game! 

My students love video games. And this one was a hit!  I used it right before our big objective test, and I really think it helped!  Plus, it's free!   Find it here. 


If you are looking for more resources you can find some on my  TPT store!  Here is a link to some of my activities and graphic organizers!

What sites do you love to use with your Lord of The Flies unit?  Please share! 




No comments

amazon

Back to Top