Novel Display!


I'm super proud of my new To Kill A Mockingbird board!  I accredit my sorority for making me talented at decorating walls... :) 

I wanted to get students excited to read this novel by linking it to other novels they might have enjoyed.  AND I gave them a cheat sheet right on the wall for themes for this books.  Plus it just looks so darn cute!
Picture
The books I listed were: Hunger Games series, The Kite Runner, Monster, The Glass Castle, Night, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian, There Are No Children Here, The Book Thief, The Outsiders, A Time To Kill, The Help, My Forbidden Face, The Secret Life of Bees, The Giver, and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. 

My plan is to try making a display like this for all of the novels we are reading this year.  I want to be sure to include contemporary books that the students are familiar with in order to activate prior knowledge.  Share your favorite novel displays below! I am always looking for new ideas and new crafts. 

No comments

amazon

Back to Top