Hook Your Readers With Book Trailers!


Independent reading is something I wholeheartedly believe in.  Students need space to explore topics, ideas, and concepts, and they need to be able to see reading as something that is enjoyable and not just required by their pesky English teacher.  I like to hype up my students on library check out day by presenting them with a wide option of books to choose from.  One of my favorite tools to make them super hype about checking out a book is to use book trailers.  The recent popularity of YA novels being turned into movies has made my life much easier when searching for trailers to show my students.  Below are a few of my favorite ones to share with my classes and get my students excited to try out some new books.  The best part of this, is that it exposes students to books they might not have picked off the shelf.  It also encourages discussion among students who have already read the book and can now be the expert on if it was good or not.  However, as always,  in my classroom everyone knows the book is WAY better than the movie!

13 Reasons Why



The Maze Runner



The Book Thief



The Zoo Keepers Wife



Everything Everything



Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children




Harry Potter



Hunger Games



Divergent



The Handmaidens Tale



The Circle



Jurassic Park
( This is the trailer for Jurassic World, but that is mostly because I like to give myself an excuse to ogle Chris Pratt in class... So basically this is a gift to myself)



The Duff



The Fault in Our Stars
( Again,  this is a gift to myself because I just really adore this book and these characters and this cast)



Shadowhunters




Pretty Little Liars





Paper Towns



Holes



The Great Gatsby
(Double win with this one.  Classic novel, and some Leo screen time)



The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants



I am Number Four



The Perks of Being A Wallflower



If I Stay




Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist



A Walk to Remember
( ugh Shane West...)



The Host



It's Kind of A Funny Story



My Sisters Keeper



Freaky Friday



Warm Bodies



World War Z



Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
(I happen to have strong feelings about Zombie books.  They are the best)




The Walking Dead



I Love You Beth Cooper



The 5th Wave



The Spectacular Now




There are so many more, and I am always adding to my collection of trailers.  This is also a great activity to do when you have those pesky 2-4 minutes of down time at the end of class period.  I love to pull up a trailer, ask if anyone has read the book, and end the class talking about reading!

1 comment

  1. Wow! Thanks for putting all these book trailers together for us. Now they are right at our fingertips!!!

    ReplyDelete

amazon

Back to Top